Coq au vin with thick spaghetti and feta cheese
- Cooking time1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep time20 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 1 large rooster, cut in portions
- 250 gr. tomatoes concassé
- 1 1/2 tablespoon concentrated tomato juice
- 4 onions, sliced
- 150 ml dry red wine or semi-dry white wine
- 1 laurel leaf
- 100 ml Altis Traditional Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1000 ml warm chicken broth
- 1 orange
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Freshly ground pepper
- 300 gr. hard feta cheese
- In a big saucepan, we heat 100 ml olive oil until it is hot, and we saute the rooster portions on all sides until they become golden; we quench with the wine and let it evaporate.
- At the same time, we saute the onions in the remaining olive oil over medium heat for 20’
- and we add them to the saucepan.
- We lower the heat and let it simmer with the lid on for at least 1h30΄. We boil the thick spaghetti in plenty of salt water, drain the water and keep the pasta warm.
- We serve the rooster with the pasta, pour the sauce over it and sprinkle with the crumbled feta cheese.
You can also prepare the recipe with chicken.