Spaghetti with Seafood
- Cooking time35 minutes
- Prep time5 minutes
- Servings5 portions
- 500 gr. spaghetti
- 500 gr. large shrimps
- 500 gr. various seafood of our choice
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 30 ml. ouzo
- 400 gr. tomatoes
- 60 ml. Altis Crete Chania Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon concentrated tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon fennel
- Freshly ground pepper
- Coarse salt
- Olive Oil
- We cut off the shrimp heads and remove their vein.
- We cut 1 onion and the 2 garlic cloves in thick pieces; we saute them together with the shrimp heads in 3 tablespoons olive oil, add 800 ml. water and let the mix boil for 20’.
- We pass the mix through a sieve while pressing firmly, and keep it warm.
- In a large, spacious saucepan, we add the remaining olive oil, garlic and onion, minced.
- We add the concentrated tomato juice, ouzo, mustard, sugar and tomatoes (grated).
- We bring the sauce to a boil and add the spaghetti with as much salt as necessary.
- We boil the spaghetti in the sauce and add as much hot water as necessary so that the spaghetti does not become dry.
- Once the spaghetti is almost ready, we add the shrimps and seafood, parsley, fennel and thyme.
- We let the mix boil for 4-5 min., and then serve.
- We serve the food on a large serving plate, with a little olive oil and herbs of our choice.
- Instead of ouzo, we can use wine