Spinach with rice stew
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time20 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 1000 gr. spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1 small bunch of dill, minced
- 1 small bunch of parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon of concentrated tomato juice
- 120 gr. carolina rice
- 200 gr. tomatoes concassé
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 100 ml. Altis Chania Crete Olive Oil
- 250 ml. vegetable broth
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a big saucepan, we saute the onion in 3 tablespoons olive oil for 1 min.; we add the rice and, once it becomes glazed, we add the concentrated tomato juice, tomatoes, sugar and broth.
- We bring the rice to boil and we add all the vegetables, mixing; once their volume “drops”, we add the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper.
- We turn down the heat and let the food stew for 30 min., and then we serve with lemon.
- The vegetables will release their “own” liquids during cooking, but we may add a little more broth or water if necessary - We can add fragrant herbs or chard