Zucchini with egg-lemon sauce
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 1200 gr. zucchini
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 small bunch of parsley, minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 700 ml. vegetable broth
- 100 ml. Altis Classic Olive Oil
- 20 gr. flour
- 2 eggs
- Freshly ground pepper
- We cut the zucchini in thick slices.
- In a wide saucepan, we saute the leek, onion and carrots in the olive oil for 3-4 min. and we add the zucchini, stirring for 2-3 min.
- We add the broth, oregano, salt, pepper and parsley, we lower the heat and boil the zucchini for approx. 30 min.; if necessary, we add a little water because we want the food to be juicy.
- Then, we prepare the egg-lemon sauce: in a bowl, we beat the eggs for 1 min., we add the flour, lemon juice and half the zucchini broth, warm.
- We stir well and pour it over the zucchini, we stir the saucepan and continue to cook for 5 min.
- We serve the zucchini with egg-lemon sauce sprinkled with extra lemon and fresh thyme.
- We can add fish or chicken fillet to the zucchini - If the zucchini are small and tender, we do not need to cut them but can cook them whole