Kalamata Olive Oil Pie
- Cooking time45 minutes
- Prep time40 minutes
- Servings6 portions
- 8 gr. instant yeast
- 400 gr. all purpose flour
- 220 ml. water
- 100 ml. Altis Kalamata Extra Virgin Oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon dry mint
- 1 ¼ teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 200 gr. black olives, sliced
- In a bowl, we dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water, add 3 tablespoons flour and leave the mix in a warm place for 10΄.
- We add all the remaining ingredients into the bowl and knead it until it becomes a soft and elastic dough.
- We spread the olive oil pie in a medium, well-oiled baking pan and leave it in a warm place for 30΄, to become double in size.
- We preheat the oven at 180ο and bake the pie for 45 min.
- The olive oil pie can be eaten hot or cold.
- We can use any type of our favourite olives - We can add the juice and zest from 1 orange to the yeast