Small myzithra rolls
- Cooking time10 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings20 portions
- 300 gr. Ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons mint, minced
- 100 ml. Altis Chania Crete Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100 gr. all-purpose flour
- Altis Chania Crete Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the frying pan
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Lemon leaves
- In a bowl, we place the Ricotta cheese, eggs, salt, olive oil, flour and mint.
- We knead the mix into a uniform dough and place it in the fridge for half an hour until it thickens.
- We shape the dough into balls and fry them on both sides in hot olive oil, until they become golden.
- We sprinkle them with powdered sugar and cover them with lemon leaves to add fragrance.
- We serve the myzithra rolls hot or cold.
- We can add lemon zest to the myzithra rolls - Instead of powdered sugar, we can pour honey over the rolls