Kid with yoghurt and fennel in the oven
- Cooking time2 hour 30 minutes
- Prep time8 hour
- Servings4 portions
- 2000 gr. kid (a whole front or back leg)
- 1000 gr. strained yoghurt, full-fat
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fennel
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 150 ml Altis Traditional Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- On the night before, we salt and pepper the kid and keep it in the fridge.
- On the following day, we preheat the oven at 180ο C.
- With a knife, we open deep holes in the meat and place garlic cloves inside; we pout 100 ml. of the olive oil over the meat.
- We moist a sheet of baking paper with water, use it to cover the kid and cook it in the oven for approx. 2 hours at 170ο C.
- We remove the juices from the baking pan, pass them through a sieve and mix them with the yoghurt, lemon juice, 100 ml water, the remaining olive oil and the fennel.
- We pour the sauce over the kid and cook for another 30 minutes.
- We serve the kid with the minced fennel and the sauce.
We can replace the fennel with dill