Lamb with courgettes
- Cooking time1 hour 40 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 1200 g suckling lamb (suitable for cooking in a saucepan) cut into pieces
- 1000 g courgettes
- 1 large onion
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 50 ml white wine
- 300 ml hot meat stock
- 2 large eggs
- 2 lemons
- 2-3 allspice berries
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 100 ml Altis Kalamata P.D.O. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat 30 ml olive oil in a large frying pan and brown the meat on all sides.
- Heat 30 ml olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic. Add the meat and then the wine.
- Add the allspice, oregano and stock. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cut the courgettes down the middle, sauté in the remaining olive oil and add to the saucepan.
- Add the parsley (finely chopped) and give the pan a shake. Add more liquid if necessary – the food should remain in about a cupful of liquid.
- Simmer gently until the courgettes are tender (about 20-25 minutes).
- Take a cupful of liquid from the food to prepare the egg-lemon sauce.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the cornflower, the liquid from the food, and the lemon juice.
- Pour the sauce over the food and mix by giving the pan a shake before serving.
- You can also make this dish with chicken.