Tas kebab with beef
- Cooking time1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 1200 g beef (rump or neck)
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- 200 ml beef stock
- 100 ml semi-sweet red wine
- 50 ml Altis Classic Olive Oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- 4 allspice berries
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1-2 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sugar
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cut the beef into medium-sized pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a wide saucepan and in batches, brown the meat well on all sides.
- Finely chop the onion and the garlic, add them to the pan and continue frying for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan. Add the spices and the tomato puree.
- Lower the heat and add the sugar, bay leaf, stock and tomatoes (grated). Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer gently for about an hour until the sauce thickens and the meat is tender.
- Serve with potatoes or rice and chopped parsley.
- Tas kebab can also be made with lamb