Milkshake with caramel, olive oil and salt
- Cooking time10 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings4 portions
For the caramel
- 80 g sugar
- 120 g vegan crème fraîche
- 15 ml Altis Kalamata P.D.O. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse salt
For the milkshake
- 600 g vanilla ice cream
- 250 ml milk
- 150 g vegan whipped cream
- The caramel
- Gently heat the vegan crème fraîche.
- Melt the sugar in a non-stick frying pan, taking care not to burn it.
- Remove from the heat and add the vegan crème fraiche. Return to a low heat and stir until you have a runny caramel.
- Remove from the heat, add the olive oil and stir, adding a very small amount of salt at the end. Allow the caramel to cool.
- The milkshake
- In a blender, mix the ice cream, half the caramel, and the milk for a few minutes.
- Serve the milkshake in four glasses. Top with whipped cream and the rest of the caramel.
- You can use other flavours of ice cream