Sardines stuffed with parsley
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time20 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 1000 gr. sardines, cleaned
- 1 small bunch of parsley, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 100 gr. stale bread, crumbled
- 100 ml. Altis Chania Crete Olive Oil
- 100 ml. white wine
- ½ teaspoon bukovo
- 2 lemons
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- We preheat the oven at 180ο C.
- In a bowl, we mix the parsley, garlic, bukovo, 1 lemon juice and zest and bread; we add the salt, pepper and half of the olive oil.
- We stuff the sardines and place them side by side in a baking pan; we continue until we use all the ingredients.
- In a bowl, we mix the wine, 1 lemon juice and remaining olive oil, and we pour it over the sardines
- We sprinkle the sardines with coarse salt and bake them for 25-30 min. at 180ο C.
We can replace the stale bread in the stuffing with barley or simple rusks