Aubergine Salad Dip (from Mount Athos)
- Cooking time45 minutes
- Prep time1 hour
- Servings4 portions
- 5 “flask” aubergines
- 2 Florina peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons celery
- 2-3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 70 ml. Altis Traditional Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- We preheat the oven at 200ο C.
- We pierce the aubergines with a fork, place them in a baking pan together with the peppers and bake them until they become soft.
- We peel the aubergines and peppers, and we mince them on a cutting board.
- We mince the celery and chop the garlic in thin slices.
- In a bowl, we mix all the ingredients; we sprinkle the mix with the vinegar, pour the olive oil over it, and add the salt and pepper.
- We marinate the aubergine salad dip for 1 hour in the fridge and then serve.
- We can bake the aubergines on a rack so as to add a “smoked” flavour to the dip - We can add pickled Florina peppers - The aubergine salad dip goes well with walnuts, so we can add 2-3 tablespoons walnut kennels