Grilled tomatoes with haloumi cheese and spearmint pesto
- Cooking time10 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 250 g haloumi cheese
- 3 firm tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 10 ml Altis Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse salt
For the spearmint pesto
- 20 g spearmint leaves
- 20 g tahini
- 60 ml Altis Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash and dry the spearmint leaves. In a food processor, puree all the ingredients for the pesto until smooth.
- Cut the tomatoes into thick slices and while they are grilling on the griddle pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Place the tomatoes on a serving board.
- Grill the haloumi (cut into slices) and place over the tomatoes.
- Pour over the pesto, add the capers, and serve with hot Cypriot pita bread.
- Try using talagani or mastelo instead of haloumi.