Batzina, Pie with Zucchini and Feta Cheese
- Cooking time45 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings16 portions
- 250 gr. flour
- 500 gr. zucchini
- 350 gr. feta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 120 ml. milk
- 120 ml. Altis Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- We grind the zucchini, salt them and place them in a strainer for 20΄.
- We preheat the oven at 200ο C.
- In a bowl, we mix the eggs, 80 ml. olive oil, milk, flour and zucchini, and we add the pepper and salt.
- We add most of the feta cheese, crumbled, and we stir the mix.
- We use a large baking pan, because the pulp must not be higher than one finger; we oil the pan very well.
- We pour the pulp and the remaining feta cheese into the baking pan, and we oil the pie surface very well.
- We bake the batzina in the oven (with resistance), on the lowest rack, at 200ο C, for 40-45΄.
- We let it cool for a while, and then serve.
- For the batzina, we can use green zucchini or yellow pumpkin - We can also use white goat cheese