Sweet pumpkin pie
- Cooking time1 hour
- Prep time1 hour 20 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 500 gr. fyllo (layer) dough
- 1000 gr. sweet pumpkin
- 150 gr. sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon clove
- 120 ml. Altis Chania Crete Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- We cut the pumpkin in half and remove its seeds.
- We smear it with olive oil, cover it with aluminium foil and bake it at 200οC until it becomes soft.
- We remove the baked pumpkin pith with a table spoon and we mash it with the special puree tool or a fork.
- Then we place it in a saucepan, add 60 ml. of olive oil, the sugar and spices, and we saute for 5΄.
- We spread 3 dough layers on an oiled baking pan and keep another 3 dough layers for the end.
- We alternate the remaining dough layers (2 each time) and the filling, until we use up the materials.
- After we close the pumpkin pie, we oil well its surface and sprinkle it with a little water.
- We bake the pie in a well-heated oven for 60΄, and then serve with powder sugar and cinnamon.
- We can also use boiled pumpkin