Boureki from Chania
- Cooking time1 hour
- Prep time40 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 1 pack country-style filo pastry
- 40 ml Altis P.G.I. Chania Kritis Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sesame seeds
For the filling
- 1000 g potatoes
- 800 g courgettes
- 3 eggs
- 200 g yoghurt
- 100 ml milk
- 500 g anthotiro soft white cheese
- 250 g graviera cheese
- 1 small bunch spearmint
- 30 ml Altis P.G.I. Chania Kritis Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cut the courgettes and potatoes into very thin slices. Finely chop the spearmint.
- Grease a large baking tin and lay half the sheets of filo in the bottom, brushing each of them with oil.
- Sprinkle the sliced potatoes and courgettes with salt.
- Lay the slices of potatoes evenly over the filo and sprinkle with half the graviera and half the spearmint.
- Spread the anthotiro on top and then arrange the courgettes in a layer. Sprinkle with the remaining spearmint and graviera.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, yoghurt and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the courgettes and lay the remaining sheets of filo on top, each brushed with oil.
- Brush the surface with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and cook on the lowest shelf for 50-60 minutes.
- You can also use puff pastry - You can add dill as well as spearmint