Begoto fish and onion pie
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 500 g small fish
- 2 medium onions
- 100 g plain flour
- 50 ml Altis Classic Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Thoroughly wash and dry the fish.
- Thinly slice the onions, transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with half the flour.
- Add the fish and the remaining flour. Season with salt and pepper and mix gently with your hands.
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan and add the mixture, pressing it down gently with a spoon so it holds together.
- Cook the begoto over a moderate heat. While it is cooking, heat the remaining olive oil and drizzle over the top.
- Once the underneath is crisp, turn it over to cook on the other side.
- Serve with finely chopped parsley and lemon.
- You can use smelt, anchovies or whitebait