Buns with Olive Oil
- Cooking time35 minutes
- Prep time3 hour
- Servings4 portions
- 800 gr. flour for buns
- 100 ml. water
- 50 gr. wet yeast
- 350 gr. sugar
- 250 ml. fresh orange juice
- 140 ml. Altis Classic Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon mahleb
- ¼ teaspoons mastiha
- 1 vanillin capsule
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 gr. honey
- Grated almonds
- In a bowl, we dissolve the yeast in the water and add 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon flour; we let the mix in a warm place for 30’.
- In the blender, we add the sugar, flour, olive oil, spices, salt and orange juice, and stir for 2 min.; we add the dough mix and, finally, the flour gradually.
- We transfer the dough into the oiled bowl, which we cover with transparent food membrane, and we leave it in a warm place for 1 hr. and 30 min.
- We form 4 identical buns and place them on a large baking tin, laid with non-sticky paper.
- We let the buns rise for 45΄ min.
- We heat the honey, smear the buns with it and sprinkle them with the almonds.
- We bake the buns at 180ο C for 35-40 min.
- We can sprinkle the buns with sesame