Chicken liver pâté
- Cooking time35 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings6 portions
- 450 g chicken livers
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 large clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp grape syrup
- 100 ml brandy
- 60 ml Altis Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- ½ tsp mixed peppercorns
- In a saucepan, sauté the onion in the olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the chicken livers and garlic and continue cooking until the livers are coloured on the outside.
- Add all the other ingredients and simmer for 35 minutes on a low heat.
- Allow the livers to cool and then puree them in the blender.
- Serve immediately or keep in a glass bowl in the fridge, covered in a thin layer of olive oil.
Instead of the grape syrup you can add a teaspoon of honey.