Chicken with sage and mushrooms
- Cooking time45 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in portions
- 500 gr. white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 100 ml. white wine
- 350 ml. warm chicken broth
- 100 ml. creme fraiche
- 10 sage leaves
- 80 ml Altis Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a frying pan, we saute the chicken in half the olive oil until it turns brown on all sides.
- In a shallow saucepan, we saute the onion and 4-5 sage leaves in 2 tablespoons olive oil, we add the chicken and quench it with wine.
- We lower the heat and add the mustard, broth, salt and pepper, and we cook the chicken for 35΄.
- Once we bring the chicken to a boil, we prepare the mushrooms.
- In a frying pan, we saute the garlic in 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, we add the mushrooms and stir until they become soft.
- We transfer the mushrooms into the saucepan, pour the creme fraiche over them and let them simmer until the sauce thickens.
- We serve immediately with minced parsley.
- We can use yoghurt instead of creme fraiche