Homemade chicken doner kebabs
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time1 hour
- Servings4 portions
- 800 g chicken breast
- 30 ml Altis Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- Pita bread for souvlaki
- Cherry tomatoes
- Put the chicken in the freezer for 30-40 minutes. This will make it easier to cut into thin slices, like the meat in a doner kebab.
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil with the herbs and spices.
- Cut the chicken into thin slices, add it to the mixture and marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Cook the chicken in a hot non-stick frying pan or on a griddle pan until juicy or crispy according to taste.
- Serve the kebab with warm pita bread, cherry tomatoes, onion slices, tzatziki or yoghurt.
- If you like, add a little lemon zest to the marinade