Chicken with okra in the oven
- Cooking time1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings5 portions
- 1 chicken, cut into portions
- 500 g fresh okra
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1000 g tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 60 ml Altis Kalamata P.D.O. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat half the olive oil in a large deep saucepan and fry the chicken on all sides until golden.
- Finely chop the onions and the garlic, add them to the pan, and continue frying for a little longer.
- Add the tomato puree, cumin, sugar, stock and tomatoes (grated). Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken for about 40 minutes and prepare the okra.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the okra for a few minutes. Add the vinegar and transfer to the saucepan.
- Add a little salt and pepper, give the saucepan a shake, and if necessary, add some extra liquid for the okra to cook.
- Simmer gently for another 30 minutes and serve as soon as the sauce has thickened.
- You can also make this dish with chicken thighs