- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 250 g long-grain rice, boiled
- 200 g minced beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 20 ml brandy
- 150 ml hot beef stock
- 50 ml Altis Kalamata P.D.O. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1 Tbsp nuts, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely-chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 spearmint leaves, finely chopped
- In a deep pan, brown the mince in 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onion and continue frying.
- Add the brandy and as soon as it has evaporated, add the spices and stock. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until just a little liquid remains.
- Then add the rice and the remaining olive oil, followed by the raisins, nuts and parsley. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the rice with pomegranate seeds and spearmint.
You can also use brown rice or basmati if you prefer.