Courgette flowers stuffed with rice
- Cooking time40 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings5 portions
- 40 courgette flowers
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch spearmint
- 1 bunch dill
- 5 spring onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 250 g Carolina rice
- 1 courgette
- 1 carrot
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 120 ml Altis Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Wash the flowers and remove the stamens.
- Finely chop the spring onions, parsley, spearmint, dill and garlic and transfer to a bowl.
- Grate in the courgette, carrot and one of the tomatoes. Add the rice, season with salt and pepper and pour in 50ml olive oil.
- Stuff the courgette flowers and place side-by-side in an ovenproof dish.
- Grate the other two tomatoes into a bowl. Add the remaining olive oil and 200 ml water. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the courgette flowers.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes at 170°C and serve.
- You can also add a little cheese (anthotiro, feta or graviera) to the filling.