Etnos (dip) with red lentils
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 250 gr. red lentils
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 500 ml. vegetable broth or water
- 150 ml. Altis Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 100 gr. pine seeds, roasted
- Freshly ground pepper
- We boil the lentils and the onion for 15 min. and the broth for another 15 min. or until they absorb their liquids.
- We saute the garlic and onion in half the olive oil.
- In the blender, we mash the lentils and the remaining olive oil, and we return then in saucepan; we add the cumin, salt and pepper.
- We let the mashed lentils simmer until they become dry, and then serve with the pine seeds and a little minced parsley.
- We can use any type of lentils we prefer