Green Beans Lathera (in Olive Oil)
- Cooking time50 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 1000 gr. broad green beans
- 1 onion, minced
- 2-3 scallions, minced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 small bunch of parsley, minced
- 200 gr. tomatoes, minced
- 150 ml. tomato juice
- 120 ml. Altis Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a saucepan, we heat a little of the olive oil and saute the carrot, onion and scallions for a few minutes; we add the green beans and stir.
- We add the tomatoes, tomato juice, half the parsley, sugar, salt and pepper.
- We pour the remaining olive oil over the green beans and 200 ml. water, and we cook them for 40΄.
- Finally, we add the remaining parsley, and then serve.
We can add 2 potatoes, cut in chunks, to the green beans Depending on the green beans (fresh or frozen) that we use, we will need to add less or more water