Sifnos chickpeas soup
- Cooking time5 hour
- Prep time8 hour
- Servings6 portions
- 800 gr. chickpeas
- 5 onions, minced
- 200 ml. Altis Chania Crete Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 lemons
- We soak the chickpeas in lukewarm water for 8 hours or overnight.
- We preheat the oven at 200ο C.
- On the following day, we rinse the chickpeas and place them in a clay or standard casserole, as long as it has a lid, and we add the onions, olive oil, salt, salt and 1 tablespoon pepper.
- We add enough water (lukewarm) as to barely cover the chickpeas and we bake them for 5 hours at 160ο C.
- Once they are out of the oven, we pour the lemon juice over the chickpeas and then serve.
- The Sifnos chickpeas soup is baked in the traditional Sifnos cooking pot, but we can use any casserole we want, as long as we seal the lid hermetically with dough, as they do in Sifnos. - For the chickpeas soup to be perfect, the casserole must not be too large so as not to leave too much space for the chickpeas to spread out