Fish soup with tomato and redfish
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time5 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 1000 gr. redfish
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 potato, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stick, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon concentrated tomato juice
- 200 gr. tomatoes concassé
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 orange peel
- 60 gr. Altis Chania Crete Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Coarse salt
- In a big saucepan, we place the fish and add 1200 ml. water; we boil it for 15-20 min. and skim it.
- We remove the fish from the saucepan and pass the broth through a sieve.
- In a saucepan, we saute the vegetables in 2 tablespoons olive oil for 3-4 min., add the concentrated tomato juice, tomatoes, orange peel, laurel, thyme, salt and pepper.
- We let them simmer for about 25 min. and clean the fish.
- Then, we remove the orange peel and mush the soup in the blender.
- We place the soup in the saucepan again, add the fish and then serve.
- We can prepare the soup with any kind of suitable fish we wish