Sweet pumpkin soup
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time5 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 500 gr. sweet pumpkin, chopped in cubes
- 100 gr. carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove
- 40 ml. Altis Chania Crete Olive Oil
- 800 ml. hot broth (vegetable or beef)
- 20 gr. ginger root, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Freshly ground pepper
For serving, optionally
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- We saute all the vegetables in olive oil for 5 min.
- We add the spices, broth, salt and pepper.
- We boil the soup for 20 min., mash it and place it again in the saucepan.
- We taste the soup and, if necessary, we add salt and dilute it with extra warm broth, depending on how thick we want the soup to be.
- We serve with coriander and some coconut cream
- We can replace 150 ml. broth with the same quantity of coconut milk