Lemon chicken with kritharaki pasta in the oven
- Cooking time35 minutes
- Prep time1 hour 30 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 1 chicken, cut in portions
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 300 gr. kritharaki pasta
- 1000 ml. warm chicken broth
- 2-3 allspice grains
- 1 laurel leaf
- 100 ml Altis Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 100 gr. kefalotyri cheese, grated
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan, we saute the chicken in half the olive oil until it turns brown on all sides.
- We add the onions and garlic, and once they become soft, we add the juice from the two lemons, laurel leaf, salt and pepper.
- We add the broth and boil the chicken for 1 hour.
- We preheat the oven well at 180οC.
- In a big baking pan, we mix the kritharaki pasta with the remaining olive oil; we pour the saucepan content over it and, if necessary, we add a little more warm water so as to cover the kritharaki pasta all over.
- We bake the youvetsi for 35΄, stirring a couple of times.
- We remove the youvetsi from the over, add the kefalotyri cheese and parsley, and then serve.
- We can also use wholegrain kritharaki pasta