Mung beans soup
- Cooking time40 minutes
- Prep time5 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 350 gr. mung beans
- 1 large onion, minced
- 200 gr. celery roots, chopped in cubes
- 1 carrot, chopped in cubes
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 laurel leaf
- 60 ml. Altis Kalamata Olive Oil
- 500 gr. warm vegetable broth
- Freshly ground pepper
- We boil the the mung beans in a saucepan, together with the laurel leaf, broth and 700 ml. water.
- We bring the mung beans to a boil, we add the remaining vegetables and let them simmer for 40 min.
- We serve the soup with a few drops of Altis Kalamata Olive Oil.
We can add extra vegetables, such as celery or potato