“Pulled” Pies from Mani
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time50 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 250 gr. all-purpose flour
- 180 ml. water
- 4 gr. dry yeast
- 20 ml. Altis Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Altis Kalamata Olive Oil, for frying
- In a bowl, we dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water, add 1 tablespoon flour and leave the mix in a warm place for 10΄.
- We add the remaining flour, salt and olive oil in the yeast mix and we knead it until it becomes an elastic dough; we leave it aside to rest for 25’.
- We cut the dough in small pieces of approximately 50 gr.; we oil well our hands and pull the pieces apart until they open up.
- We fry them in plenty of hot olive oil, until they turn golden and then serve with cheese.
- We can prepare the “pulled” pies and store them in the freezer