Saganaki in filo pastry
- Cooking time20 minutes
- Prep time5 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 400 g hard cheese for saganaki
- 2 sheets filo pastry
- 30 ml Altis P.G.I. Chania Kritis Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Nigella seeds
- Spearmint leaves
- Cut the cheese into two equal pieces.
- Spread out the sheets of filo and place a piece of cheese on each sheet.
- Grind over a little pepper and wrap the cheese in the filo to create 2 parcels.
- Brush all over with the olive oil and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C.
- Serve immediately with honey, nigella seeds and spearmint leaves.
- Instead of hard cheese, you can use fresh mizithra or anthotiro.