- Cooking time10 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 6 large eggs
- 800 gr. tomatoes
- 80 ml. Altis Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fresh myzithra or feta cheese for serving
- We peel the tomatoes, grate them at the coarse side of the grater and place in a large frying pan.
- We add slat and boil them over medium heat until they absorb their liquids.
- We add the olive oil, salt and pepper, and saute them over high heat fora few minutes.
- We add the eggs, slightly scrambled, and let the kagianas simmer for approx. 6-8 min., until the eggs are baked, keeping them as juicy as we wish.
- We serve them in a deep bowl, adding a little more olive oil and the cheese, crumbled.
- The tomato sauce must be “dehydrated” slowly and not over high heat - If the tomatoes are not very ripe and in season, we add a little concentrated tomato juice