Shell pasta with chicken and aubergines
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 500 g shell pasta
- 300 g chicken breast (boiled)
- 250 g aubergines
- 1 pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 250 g tomato juice
- 100 ml white wine
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- 5-6 leaves fresh basil
- 40 ml Altis Kalamata P.D.O. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Rocket (to serve)
- Finely chop the aubergines in a food processor.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and pepper and shred the chicken.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the vegetables for 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine and as soon as it has evaporated add the tomato juice, thyme and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Boil the pasta shells, pour over the sauce and add the basil.
- Serve the pasta with some rocket and a few drops of olive oil on each plate.
- If you like, you can use roast chicken instead of boiled.