Sofrito from Corfu
- Cooking time40 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings6 portions
- 4 slices of veal eye of round
- 50 ml. Altis Classic Olive Oil
- 100 gr. parsley, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 40 ml. white vinegar
- 20 ml. red vinegar
- 300 ml. veal broth
- 50 gr. all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- We add salt and pepper to the meat and, after we flour it, we shake it for the excess flour to fall off.
- In a wide saucepan, we heat the olive oil and saute the meat until it turns brown.
- We add the vinegars and, once they evaporate, we add the parsley, garlic, broth, salt and pepper, and we let it stew for 40 min.
- Just before we remove the meat from the heat, we add the butter, frozen and cut in cubes, and we stir the food in the saucepan.
- We serve the food with fresh parsley and a side dish of our choice.
- We saute no more than two slices of veal eye of round each time so as to keep the temperature high