Split Peas from Santorini
- Cooking time45 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 250 gr. split peas
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 120 ml. Altis Traditional Extra Virgin Oil
- 1 laurel leaf
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1000 ml. vegetable broth or water
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 20 ml. Altis Traditional Olive Oil
- We boiled the split peas in plenty of cold water for 20 min. over high heat, constantly skimming; then, we drain it and rinse it under the tap.
- In a clean saucepan, we saute half the olive oil, split peas, onions, laurel leaf, pepper, and we add the broth; we let the split peas simmer for approximately 40-45 min. until they become tender; if necessary, we add more water.
- When the mix thickens, we add the salt and remaining olive oil, stir well; we pour the olive oil over it and then serve with capers and scallions.
- We can mash the split peas in the blender - We place the split peas in the fridge, covered with a layer of olive oil