Tomato rice stew
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 250 gr. carolina rice
- 600 gr. tomatoes, grated
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon concentrated tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5-6 basil leaves, minced
- 800 ml. vegetable broth
- 50 ml. Altis Chania Crete Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a wide saucepan, we heat the olive oil and saute the onion, garlic and concentrated tomato juice; we add the rice and stir until it becomes glazed.
- We lower the heat and add the tomatoes, sugar, broth, salt and pepper.
- We boil the tomato rice stew until it thickens, frequently stirring, and then serve with minced basil.
- We can add oregano or thyme to the tomato rice stew